Sunday, June 28, 2009

Informational Update

Sunday, June 28, 2009

There is a chance I may not return home, ever. But not because I was mugged in Rio, or because I was eaten by an Anaconda, or my kidneys harvested in Sao Paulo and I was left in a bathtub in some favela. But because the US is up two to zero against Brazil right now in the FIFA Confederation Championship and I cannot help my nationality. Rodrigo's dad keeps threatening not to feed Rachel and I if the US wins. I could starve to death down here.

As it is, I have a bet with Rodrigo's dad that I'll drink a shot of cachaca every time the US scores, so I'm already in trouble.

3 comments:

rach said...

Holy crap.
You could be in trouble.
:)

LB said...

Man, what an incredible game that was!! I hated to see the US lose our lead, but I think the outcome was probably for the best for your sake!! Ha!!

Samantha said...

now i'm grateful we lost. ain't no way i'm taking your classes next year.

Patrol Night 2 or I Have Turtle Blood on My Hands

June 22, 2010 Tonight I am on the beach writing by the gibbous moonlight. The Atlantic is beating a persistent time, the stars sparkle, the ...